外研版九年级上册Module One 教学设计
Unit 1 It’s more than 2,000 years old.
1. Aims of knowledge
(1) Learn new words and expressions: wonder, band, review, ancient, composition, grade, pyramid, pupil, meeting, call, event, listen up
(2) Learn some important sentences: That’s news to me! What’s it about? Listen up, everyone! I’ll do some reviews about our favorite bands and movies! And I’ll do an interview with Becky Wang. Why don’t we start a school magazine, too?
2. Aims of abilities
(1) Get the Ss to use the useful expressions.
(2) Improve the cooperation among the students.
(3) Enable students to make a conversation about how to start a school magazine.
3. Aims of emotion
(1) The spirit of cooperation.
(2) Get the students to enjoy the school activities.
教学工具：a tape recorder, a computer, some cards about hobbies
Step 1 Warming-up
(1) Greet the students and listen to an English song to relax themselves.
(2) Talk about the following questions with the students:
◆What do you like to do at school?
◆ What activity interests you?
Step 2 Group work
(1) Get the students to talk about what activities they have done at school in groups.
(2) Get three groups of them to report what they have talked about.
Step 3 Speaking
Show the picture to the students, and then get the students to learn new words. At last ask the students to talk about the picture.
Step 4 Listening
(1) Ask the students to listen to the recording and check what they said about pictures.
(2) Play the recording again. Call back some questions about the conversations.
Step 4 Reading
(1) Get the students to look through Activity 4.
(2) Play the recording and finish Activity 4.
(3) Check the answers.
(4) Explain some language points:
happen意为“发生”，指具体客观事件的发生，常有偶然性、未能预见的含义。happen的主语一般是物，后面不接宾语。如果要表达某人发生了什么事，常用句式：Sth. happens / happened to sb.。另外，happen还可表示“碰巧”之意。此时，其主语可以是人，后接动词不定式。如：
This happens every week. 这事每星期都发生。
A traffic accident happened to them yesterday. 昨天他们发生了一场交通事故。
I happened to meet him in the street this morning. 今天上午我碰巧在街上遇见了他。
◆Well, she started a school magazine called New Standard when she was a pupil here.
called New Standard 是过去分词短语作定语修饰前面的名词a school magazine。called 在此可用named或with the name of 来代替。如：
I have a good friend called Henry. 我有一个叫Henry的好朋友。
◆How about “Homework Help”?
How about…? 意为“……怎么样？”，它是用来提出建议、询问消息或征求对方意见的句式，它可以用What about…?来替换，其后可以跟名词、代词或动词的-ing形式作宾语。如：
How about Carol? Can she come, too? 卡罗尔怎么样？她也能来吗？
Li Ying can speak English. How about you? 李英会说英语，你怎么样呢？
How about visiting your school tomorrow? 明天参观你们学校怎么样？
Step 5 Practice
(1) Play the recording while the Ss read.
(2) Get the Ss to read in pairs loudly. Finally get some pairs to act it.
(3) Complete the sentences with the given words: composition, ancient, review, grade, club.
① Lin Tao is writing a ________ about the wonders of the world.
② The pyramids in Egypt are ________ wonders of the world. They are very old.
③Mike will do some _______ about some bands and movies.
④“Homework Help” is a column on how to get good ____________.
⑤My sister is in a dance ______________.
Step 6 Speaking
Make a conversation about a school magazine in groups of three or four. Ask some groups to act in front of the class.
Step 7 Summary
Summarize new words, expressions and language points.
Step 8 Homework
(1) Go over new words and expressions.
(2) Read the dialogue loudly.
(3) Make a new conversation about a school magazine with your partner.